Sunday, July 29, 2018

A Glow In The Dark Birthday Party

And just like that I have a big 3 year old!! And with that came a whole lot of sass and attitude!

Averi is into so many different characters this year I didn't know what to do for her birthday party. But I wanted to something cheap and easy since we are in the middle of moving. Then I remembered an activity that we did for the Activity Days girls and they loved it. I figured if big girls had a lot of fun a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds would have a blast also.

So, off to the dollar store I went. The dollar store sells a pack of 20 glow sticks for $1.00! It can't get much better than that. I also purchased LED balloons from party city that were a big hit as well.

Each kid got 7 glow sticks to tape onto their little bodies like stick figures. Then we had a couple hundred lit and thrown around the room.

We had the party in the cultural hall of our church. It's in the middle of the church and it doesn't have any windows so it made the perfect pitch black room for a glow in the dark party.

The kiddos had so much fun just running around kicking balloons and throwing glow sticks.

The only downfall to a glow in the dark birthday party is that the picture quality wasn't very good. Not enough light plus a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds running around equals a lot of blurry pictures. But it was still pretty awesome!

After playing for an hour with glow sticks we had some pizza and cupcakes. Averi wanted to have a purple cupcake. She only ate the purple frosting and that was it. No pizza and none of the actual cupcake. Silly girl.

Below are some of her favorite things at 3 years old!

What is your name? "Averi Jayne Flint"

How old are you? "I'm 3! I'm 3!"

What is your favorite color? "Purple"
What is your favorite animal? "Chase (from Paw Patrol)"
What is your favorite book? "The Averi book"
What is your favorite tv show? "Moana"
What is your favorite movie? "Moana"
What is your favorite song? "Moana"
What is your favorite food? "Paw Patrol noodles!"
What is your favorite drink? "The purple cup."
What is your favorite breakfast food? "I like racing car noodles. Ya I like lightning McQueen noodles (I don't let her eat noodles for breakfast haha)."
What is your favorite snack? "Granola bars"
What is your favorite outfit? "This shirt (blue and green spots with birds). I like my green shirt. I like Rapunzel."
What is your favorite game? "I like learning time."
What is your favorite toy? "I like playing with dinosaurs. Just dinosaurs."
Who are your friends? "I like playing with Logan, Ben, Greyson and Brooklyn."
What is your favorite thing to do? "Fun doing all that day."
What do you take to bed with you at night? "I like to sleep with stuffed animals. Chase and Sky and Rubble and Marshall and Spanky."(plus about 5 others haha)
What is your favorite restaurant? "At Costa Vida"
Where do you want to go on vacation? "At grandma and grandpas."
What do you want to be when you grow up? "I want to be..."
What did you do on your birthday? "I did cupcakes, I did birthday party. We throw glow sticks around and then we went and ate cupcakes and Ben."

I love watching this little blonde haired, blue eyed beuaty learn and grow everyday. She is so spunky, feisty and getting more and more sassy.
































The Flints ~ XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10