Friday, May 19, 2017

Bahamas Vacation: Day 4 // Nassau Bahamas

// Wednesday //

We made it to Nassau Wednesday morning. We pulled into port at 8:00 a.m. and it was cloudy, rainy and cold. We were really bummed because we decided the day before we were going to go on a snorkeling excursion. We still decided to go because there was some promising sunshine in the distance. 

I have been snorkeling before in Hawaii and it was one of my favorite activities we did. In Hawaii we rented the gear and walked into the water from the beach. I was really excited to do it again in the Bahamas. We took a ferry out to the middle of nowhere and were told to "jump in". I wasn't expecting this. I was expecting it to be like Hawaii. I was a little nervous because we were in the middle of the ocean snorkeling. 

Steve has never gone snorkeling before. So before we got off the boat I told him to make sure his goggles were on tight and showed him how to use his snorkeling gear. He assured me that he already knew how to use it and that it wasn't that hard to figure out. 

Well... according to Steve it was equipment error. According to me it was user error. He couldn't figure out how to breath through the mouth piece and not get water in his mouth, nose and eys. How does that even happen!??! The whole hour he was trying to not freak out cause water was getting in his mouth and eyes. Haha 

I enjoyed snorkeling. The fish that were swimming around were much bigger than I expected them to be. They were so colorful and bright as well. 

On our boat ride back to shore we got to see a lot of famous peoples houses on the beach front of Nassau. We saw Michael Jordan's, Johnny Depp, Oprah, Tiger Woods, Chuck Norris, Elvis and many more. But those were the only ones that I could remember. 

We walked around the island for a couple of hours and people watched. This island wasn't our favorite. We have heard great things about Nassau though. Maybe it was just the part we were on but it seemed kind of dirty and trashy and I didn't like all of the people hassling you to buy all of their things.

But it was still great and there were some beautiful views. 
















To see the rest of the Bahamas cruise click on the link below.


The Flints ~ XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10